DIY Bath Bomb

Leave a Comment
DIY Vanilla Bath Bomb – create your own vanilla heart bath bombs with vanilla essential oil and a pinch of glitter for extra sparkle.




Aloha guys! With Valentine’s Day around the corner (literally tomorrow) I wanted to do something sweet and thoughtful for Mr. B . He was in a car accident a few weeks ago and is experiencing some really bad back and shoulder pain. So I thought instead of my usual V-Day gifts (cakes or cookies) I should give him something he could really benefit from. I’d like to share one of my favorite handmade gift ideas that is super easy and quick to make. Some of my favorite gifts to give for any occasion consist of sugar scrubs and  bath bombs. Let me just point out that you can make these in less than 20 minutes while saving a few bucks instead of buying them in the store. Like most people I'm obsessed with Lush but I get a kick out making them myself. They're really simple to make guys and you can always add your own twist on them. So without further a due I'm going to share my super easy Vanilla Heart Bath Bomb made with vanilla essential oil and a heart shaped mold. 



Mr. B loves the scent of vanilla so I'm hoping these bad boys will be one of his new favs!!! I packed it with epsom salt which is good for pain and muscle cramps, a hint of coconut oil for his dryness so hopefully this will relax him. You can find all your ingredients needed for these bombs at your local grocery store, I got most of mines from my local Wal-Mart. 



Supplies:
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid
1/2 corn starch
3 tablespoons epsom salt
3/4 teaspoon water
2 teaspoons Coconut Oil
Red food dye (optional)
Heart mold (optional)
Whisk
Step one: In a large bowl combine baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch, and epsom salt.
Step two: In a small bowl combine coconut oil, water, dye and essential oil.
Step three: pour wet mixture into dry mixture. Mix with a whisk until fully combined. Test mixture by pressing a handful together. Once it’s the right consistency press mixture into mold and allow to dry at least 2 hours before removing (I left mine's in overnight). 


Pretty simple right?! Here are some pictures of them fresh out the mold the morning after. I love them, they came out really cute.







Viola!! Now you have the perfect chic and cheap Valentine's Day gift that any one would adore. So what are you crafting today?? Let me know in the comments section below what your thoughts are on this DIY bath bomb


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig